Second Issue Coming Fall 2023
How to Submit
- Please send all submissions directly to our editor at email@example.com.
- Please include a short query letter.
- We accept short fiction, nonfiction/essays, poetry, art, short plays or screenplays, songs, and graphic literature.
- All submissions should be in proper manuscript format.
- Please allow at least a month for manuscript review. Depending on the time of your submission, it may take as long as 6 weeks to hear a decision.
- Submissions must be no longer than 5,000 words. Graphic literature must not exceed three printed pages.
- All pieces submitted are eligible for the editor’s choice prize for each issue.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, however, please note if you are submitting elsewhere (this will have no effect on your likelihood of publication).
- Debut authors are encouraged to submit!
- Only submissions sent to us via these methods will be considered. Comments, DMs, and mail-ins will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of work can I submit.
Anything and everything. We accept poetry, fiction, non-fiction, art, graphic literature, songs, narrative pieces, and screen or stage plays. Check out our submission guidelines for more details on what and how to submit.
Can I enter contests or win awards?
Yes! One piece from each issue will be awarded Editor’s Choice. This piece will be mentioned in all press announcements of the upcoming issue and be identified with a virtual badge which will also be given to the winning author to use for promotion across their own media.
Do I need to have been published before?
No, in fact, debut authors are encouraged to submit! We all start somewhere.
Is there a submission fee?
No. Submission is always free.
What genres are you accepting?
We are accepting works of all genres. Our mission is to capture the inexhaustible variety of life, and truths about our condition can take place on other worlds, in other times, amid sorcery and science fiction.
Is there anything that's off-limits?
We understand sex, drugs, rock and roll are all part of this great and mysterious adventure we call life, so we aren’t squeamish. Any content as long as it has literary value is permissible. That being said we do not publish: gratuitous violence, gore, or sex; works promoting abuse, bestiality, or hate speech/acts (though they may be a topic of your piece, please keep your manifestos to yourself).
When can I submit?
Submissions are open year round, but please note, we publish at certain times of the year. You will be considered for the upcoming publication unless you explicitly state otherwise.
Tell me about this theme?
Each issue is centered around a theme that is loose and open to interpretation. Submissions do not have to adhere to a theme, but we try to focus our publication around it as best as possible.
Do you need to be a Richmond, VA Local?
No! We accept submissions from authors across the US.
Do you pay authors?
Though we would love to, we are still a fledgling publication and are not currently paying authors. However, we make it part of our mission to never charge for submission and offer as many free resources as possible for emerging writers.